Lafayette Instrument Company is an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workforce. We promote a drug-free and safe workplace through pre-employment screening. Ideal candidates are highly motivated and creative self-starters with strong communication and project management skills. All candidates must have the ability and desire to thrive in a fast moving, multi-tasked, team environment.
We offer an extensive benefit package that includes, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, insurance, and more. Interested applicants may mail resumes to our Human Resources department c/o Sheryl Cohen, email the resume, or fax: (765) 423-4111.
RECENTLY OPENED POSITIONS
Contact Name: Brent Smitley
Position: Full Time
Salary: Depends on Education and/or Experience
Individual must be able to pass a drug screen and submit two documents for proof of legal employment authorization and identity for the United States.
Lafayette Instrument Company seeks an individual for the position of Software Engineer. Lafayette Instrument Company is a product innovation company that designs, develops and manufactures instrumentation for the investigation, study and assessment of biological and behavioral processes. These products have been sold worldwide to universities, physicians, law enforcement agencies, governments, private practitioners, and corporations. LIC Software Engineers are responsible for researching, designing, developing, and testing computer software applications in collaboration with the hardware product development team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a four-year college or university or two to five years of related experience and/or training.
- Will also consider 4 year degrees in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with strong software development emphasis or related experience.
- Strong training or experience in C# development using Visual Studio.
- Experience in developing and distributing computer software applications.
- Experience or familiarity with test-driven development in a C# environment using NUnit.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented languages and object-oriented design techniques.
- Ability to design and develop creative user interfaces that are both functional and aesthetic.
- Ability to develop and implement functional program logic within a software program.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in time and project management.
- Language experience in C#, C++, Objective-C, and VB/VB.NET.
- Working knowledge of a version control system (Git preferred).
- Experience designing and/or implementing communication protocols.
- Experience with InnoSetup or other installer tools to create installer packages.
- Experience developing Android or iPhone apps.
- Experience developing database applications using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with iterative development methodologies
- Knowledge or experience with electronic hardware is helpful but not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Formulates and designs software applications using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Supports existing products through error analysis, correction and re-deployment.
- Consults with customers concerning maintenance or design of software systems.
- Coordinates installation of software systems.